It’s been a weekend of good food, good company, and a little bit of high drama for effect.
Lots to be grateful for this week. Let’s start with the food, shall we?
I mean, look at that yummy photo strip!
- Cupcakes. Gluten free, home-made, raspberry topped and delicious
- French toast, home-made, berry-topped, delicious. You see a theme? Well, in all honesty, there was also the yummy restaurant French toast on Saturday
- Having people to share the good food with, people who climb off the furniture and sit on the floor at the first opportunity. Visitors all weekend, yay! The more dirty dishes get generated, the better the weekend
- Kids running riot in my house. A controlled riot, never fear. I wonder, if I abducted them and kept them for myself, would anyone notice?
- That gorgeous teapot you see up there? A gift, from the lovely Pam, out of which we drank many many cups of the best green tea ever, a gift from Han. Y’all already know how I feel about gifts…
- My Gran telling me she can’t wait to see me when I get to South Africa
- Skype. Which is how I spoke to my Gran in the first place
- My family
- Looking forward to spending Easter Sunday at my godparents house, just like old times
- Following the discipline of not working, all weekend. I can’t believe it!
- Getting enough sleep. Yes, I finally did. Long may that continue
- Walking on the beach with the waves lapping my ankles
- Waking to the sound of birdsong
- Falling asleep to the sound of wind in the trees
- Serendipitous offers of help
- Free Form Final Friday fun. The yoga was followed by pizza and beer. Kind of a perfect night!