The highlight this week, without a doubt, was watching Taasha & Tristan from The Audreys perform live. I went with my rather delicious man-friend (oh, yes, I have kept that rather quiet haven’t I?) and the lovely Pam. We ate Japanese and drank plum wine before the concert. It was all kinda perfect. Well, give or take that woman who kept backing into us at the concert.
Taasha is awesome: all feminine and sweet, and when she cusses, as she does frequently, it still comes out sounding pretty and feminine. Hilarious! I have The Girl Crush.
Other highlights from this week include:
- Watching Fantastic Mr. Fox. How could I not have done this before? I mean, it’s based on a Roald Dahl story, and he was only my favourite ever childhood author. And it’s directed by Wes Anderson, and HE is only my favourite ever director. I have been stuck in yogaland too long, people. Must get out more. I loved this movie. Loved. Will be rewatching till I know all the words. oh, and did I mention that George Clooney is Mr. Fox?
- Home-made Mexican food. If it can be Mexican when its makers aren’t. Yummy nonetheless.
- My man-friend. He’s been around for a while, but this kind of personal stuff never makes it onto the blog until I am SURE about it. He is fah-bu-lous. He makes me weak at the knees. Sorry, that’s all the info you are getting for now.
- Cooking. And eating. Of course.
- Teaching. I really love my job. I love the community that’s developing at the Docklands classes, I love the chats I have with people after class. I love watching how people react when they suddenly realise they can do something they previously thought was impossible.
- Running into people I know, everywhere I go. This is how I know Melbourne is home now. At my local, my coffee is made before I have even ordered or paid. I run into students and friends on the street in the city, in Docklands, in St Kilda. It’s like it was in Jo’burg. Yay!
- Collaboration. I am so lucky to work with amazing people like Emma and the other teachers at Moksha (keep your eyes peeled for the Big Reveal on a secret project we have in the pipleline) and with Kerry whose kinesiology and teaching background marry so well with my yoga. It’s so much more fun when you aren’t just plugging away on your own!
- Actually, Kerry has a competition on her blog at the moment. I do love me some free stuff!
- Getting gussied up and going out in the world. It’s so *very* nice to wear something other than lulu every now and then. That said, my lululemon yoga gear is the best I have ever owned: I don’t actually mind spending five or six days a week in it: it’s comfortable, indestructible, does amazing things for the rear view, the tops give good coverage without cutting at the underarms. That’s gonna make a girl happy, too.
- Off-colour jokes. Again, the man-friend. His jokes Lower The Tone faster than even mine can. We three (Pam included) were in politically incorrect hysterics quite a bit last night.
Have a wonderful week!