I have, once again, not had enough sleep. But otherwise, life is good. This week, here’s why:
- Autumn weather: sometimes sunny, often crisp, always changing. It’s a beautiful season & I really love watching the leaves change, then fall.
- Seeing people sitting in the sun on the State Library lawn.
- Parties! There were lots this weekend, and one even had cupcakes. Perfection, I tell you.
- Braiding my hair like the girl on the cover of the current issue of Frankie. Who says I’m not a fashion whore?
- Red pears. They are in season, they are cheap at the markets, and the are beautiful! Ditto persimmons. They just about make up for the fact that cherries aren’t in season year-round.
- Doing my yoga. I just don’t feel right without it.
- Girly time. So essential, so very essential!
- Melbourne. It’s so odd that it took me all this time to find a city where I really, truly feel at home. This is it. It’s also rather a pretty city, especially in the Autumn light.
- Coming home to my lovely, girly, overpriced flat. I know it’s overpriced because I’ve discovered that friends are paying the same as me, for three times as much space, just a little further out of the city. But I love living here, with my wrought-iron bed, and my pink bedlinen, and the french poupee on the bed. I have never been able to indulge my own taste to quite this degree before. It’s luxurious!
- Resolution. I’ve been having incredibly intense dreams lately, redolent with obvious themes, all of them about endings. For example, last night I dreamt that I was an old lady who had to put her husband in a home because his Alzheimers was so advanced. Except he knew what I was doing and I felt terrible, and he also wanted to take his large carved wardrobe with. On the tram. We left it on the platform, in the end. Very obvious imagery, and the emotive state around it was mixed: relief, sadness, guilt, and sunshine. Yes, sunshine has an emotional tone. For me, anyway. The end, the legal end, is coming, and I can see sunshine after that.
Hope you are all having sun-drenched weeks, literally or figuratively!
Oh, and I know I have been the dead zone for comment replies: I plan to remedy this just as soon as I have a bit of time. xoxo