It’s been a long weekend here in Australia, in honour of the Queen’s Birthday. The British Queen. Oddly, I don’t think it’s even her actual birthday. There are one or two things about Australia that I don’t yet understand.
But hey, a three-day weekend, who’s complaining? Not I, not I!
It’s been spent in Lorne, in a house with the What What Wine Club crew. Perfect.
That ass being kicked? It’s mine. Clearly, there was no silliness AT ALL this weekend.
So, here’s a list of Happy in honour of an unexpected extra day off, and the frivolity it brought:
- Planning Big Big Things with Kerry. Big things. Exciting things. Oh yes!
- How holidays, however brief, can take you out of your quotidien worries and reset your brain.
- Boyfriend. He took such good care of me today, and I needed that. I was a little…off.
- Food (always so good with the What What crew!)
- Wine. We did a blind tasting. I got nothing right. I need some more educating.
- Cuddling on cold nights. Hell, cuddling any time!
- Putting my iPod on random and seeing what happens. My taste in music is a little eclectic, so the results are often really, well, random.
- Miso soup
- The wonders of Modern Technology. How else would I text my mother when she’s halfway across the world, in another time zone?
- Getting emails from my dad asking if I’m OK. I am now, dad, because you asked.
- Feeling toasty warm inside my lovely new jacket, while the world outside is breath-mistingly cold.
- Sleep. Melbourne’s wet winters definitely make we want to hibernate. Could you bring me tea and honey toast occasionally and wake me up in the spring? Ta.
- That people continue to show up for yoga class despite the chilly weather. You guys! Amazing!