Yes, they were. One Saturday morning a few years ago, I was teaching my regular class, when I backed up juuuuust a little too close to the windowsill, and the tea light that was burning on said windowsill…
An odd…burning sensation started to creep up my butt cheek…
Yet again, my ass-ana had made itself the star of the show. It arrived at the flame earlier than I expected it to, and somewhat before the rest of me did.
It was extremely funny, I think, although I definitely disrupted my students’ zen.
The one sad thing: I’d set fire to my first ever pair of lululemon pants. I’d been lusting after them for YEARS in South Africa, convinced that these pants, at last, would be the ones that wouldn’t
- Ride down and show my underwear
- Become see-through and show my underwear
- Do odd things around the waist (bunching, lumping etc)
- Fade/shrink/unravel after three washes and become unwearable
- Stink. Yup, cotton, when regularly sweated in, starts getting stinky quite fast. It’s gross.
When I set them on fire, they were also one of only two pairs of full-length yoga pants that I owned. I hadn’t yet realised that you can’t get through a Melbourne winter in crops, unless you want to freeze.
Oh well. I think I probably NEED to get a few more now, since the awesome folks at lululemon Bourke St surprised me with this on Saturday:
It’s practically a work expense now, right?